active keeps us happy and healthy at heart and if you are caring for someone with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, it is true for them as well. Though your loved one might be unable to follow the hobbies for passions just as you do, it is essential to make them adopt their interest into something that is easy and fun. The personal care for Dementia
or Alzheimer’s program caters to these areas in order to let every individual enjoy life to the fullest.
you observe carefully, you will be easily able to help individuals with dementia or Alzheimer’s grow their interest in something they like. Usually, such individuals have seven to ten hours of leisure time a day and you can try to make this leisure time into something fun and active. Today, personal care assistance
plans are much more advanced where the professionals are trained and experienced to provide such sessions at home.
, we will explore seven engaging activities for people with dementia or Alzheimer’s. So, without any further delay, let us proceed to the engaging activities!
- Arts and Crafts: Senior centres and communities around the world focus on creative pastimes as the most common activity. The joy one can get from creating something is beyond everything else and therefore, you can also try to involve your loved one into knitting projects, painting with water colours, sculpting with clay or even wood-working.
- Puzzles and Games: For dementia or Alzheimer’s patients, puzzles and games make some of the best activities. There are loads of advantages of playing games and puzzles such as encouraging memories, strengthening mental capacity, enhancing hand-eye coordination and using association to forge mental connections. For dementia or Alzheimer’s patients, you need to choose games and puzzles that are neither too childlike, nor overly brainstorming.
- Music and Dancing: There can be no alternative of music and dance when you want to form connections and encourage sparking interaction for patients with Alzheimer’s or dementia. Most of us enjoy these two universal languages. Studies show that even people in the late stages of the disease love to groove to their favourite melodies. So, all you need to do is make a playlist and switch it on.
- Scrapbooking: Pictures play a crucial role in helping people with Alzheimer’s or dementia to reminisce the past. By looking at old pictures, such patients can sometimes recall events from decades ago. It is a great way to stimulate memory and preserve family history.
- Exercise: The personal care for Dementia or Alzheimer’s program conducts short physical exercise sessions to keep individuals fit and active. Daily exercise helps every individual to stimulate circulation, encourage flexibility and build physical strength and it works the same way for people with dementia or Alzheimer’s.
- Animal Therapy: If your loved one is an animal lover, animal therapy can be the best way to help them live happily. Having pets helps people to relieve stress and symptoms of depression or anxiety. There are lots of other physical benefits such as lowering blood pressure and heart rate. For people with dementia or Alzheimer, animal therapy can boost levels of the feel-good hormone, serotonin.
- Exploring Nature: Getting some fresh air every day is good for all including people suffering from Alzheimer or dementia. The professionals providing personal care assistance can conduct such sessions for your loved one. You can consider activities such as gardening, visiting a local garden, bird watching, feeding birds, sitting in a garden and many more.
are seven great ways to cope up with and control Alzheimer’s or dementia. To know more, you can feel free to contact us. We at Mayden Support provide personal care services including personal care for Dementia
and Alzheimer’s. We also provide live-in care, domiciliary care, respite care and other services to all at a very nominal budget. Our team of highly skilled and experienced professionals can take care of your loved ones by visiting them at home in Warrington. So, why wait anymore? Go ahead and feel free to get in touch with us to know the details of our services.